Green Onion Dip with Fresh Veggies
Prep: 10 minutesServes: 10
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- 2 packages (26 ounces each) AFS® Vegetable Medley Trays
- 1 cup blanched sugar snap peas
- In food processor with knife blade attached, purée green onions, garlic, spinach, oils and tarragon 1 minute or until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; process 30 seconds or until combined. Makes about 2½ cups.
- Serve dip sprinkled with chives, if desired, along with Vegetable Medley and sugar snap peas.
Note from the Dietitian
Rich in healthy fats with a moderate amount of sodium, this is a guilt-free way to enjoy your fresh veggie tray. Consider serving with a carbohydrate-based side or using this dish to balance higher carbohydrate meals in order to manage carbohydrate intake to about 60-70% of your daily caloric intake.