Roasted Butternut Squash, Green Beans & Mushrooms with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette
Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesServes: 12
- 1 package (16 ounces) AFS® Cubed Butternut with Parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds fresh green beans, stems trimmed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) white mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large shallots finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In large bowl, toss Cubed Butternut with Parsley with 1½ tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; spread in single layer on large rimmed baking pan. In same bowl, toss beans with 1½ tablespoons oil; spread on separate large-rimmed baking pan. Roast squash and beans 10 minutes.
- In same bowl, toss mushrooms with 1½ tablespoons oil; evenly spread on third large-rimmed baking pan.
- Stir squash and beans. Roast squash, beans and mushrooms 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring once.
- In separate large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper; slowly drizzle in remaining oil, whisking constantly until emulsified; stir in shallots. Add vegetables; toss to combine. Makes about 14 cups.
Note from the Dietitian
Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamins A and C. This recipe contains 9g fat (61% of total calories) per serving. Consider serving with a carbohydrate-based side or using this dish to balance higher carbohydrate meals in order to manage carbohydrate intake to about 60-70% of your daily caloric intake.